The Protection of Personal Information Act
This policy will explain how Logo Design Company obtains, uses and discloses your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
Logo Design Company is committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used appropriately, lawfully and transparently.
The information Logo Design Company collects
Logo Design Company collects and processes your personal information to contact you for the purpose of understanding your requirements and delivering services accordingly. For this purpose, we will collect contact details including your name and organisations’ information.
Your personal information is collected directly from where you have provided us with such. Where possible, Logo Design Company will inform you what information you are required to provide us with and what information is optional.
How Logo Design Company uses your information
Logo Design Company ensures that any personal information collected will be for the sole use for which it was collected and agreed upon by you. In addition, and where necessary, personal information collected may be retained for legal use or research purposes.
We may use your information under the following circumstances:
- to respond to your enquiries;
- to send you a quote for the services we provide;
- to verify your identity;
- to detect and prevent fraud, crime, money laundering or other forms of malpractice For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- to conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- for audit and record keeping purposes;
- in connection with legal proceedings
Disclosure of information
We may also disclose your information:
- where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- where we believe it is necessary to protect our right
Logo Design Company is legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- physical security;
- computer and network security;
- access to personal information;
- secure communications;
- security in contracting out activities or functions;
- retention and disposal of information;
- acceptable usage of personal information;
- governance and regulatory issues;
- monitoring access and usage of private information;
- investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
Logo Design Company ensures that third-party service providers to whom we pass any personal information on to agrees to treat your personal details with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
Access to information
It is your lawful right to adequate access to the personal information we hold of you. To do so, contact us via the telephone numbers and/or email addresses provided on our website. We may request a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing any such details to you.
Correction of your information
You have the right to request for your personal details to be updated, corrected and deleted.
Definition of personal information
As per the Act, “personal information” refers to information relating to an identifiable, living, natural living person; and where applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.